Wednesday 11 December 2019

Life cycles!!!

We have been learning to write an explanation about animal life cycles.
We had to do is pick a animal and write an explanation on it we wrote about pandas, frogs and 
tuataras.
What we need in a explanation is sub titles, technical language, title, introduction, factual information and stages.
The thing that went well was doing the technical language because I used female and male.
I need to work on my punctuation  because I keep on forgetting to add it.
Can you name any animals that have life cycles?
    


 A life cycle of a Tuatara
   Today im going to tell you the 4 stages of a Tuatara
Have you ever wondered how tuataras are boys or girls?

                                  Eggs.
When a female Tuatara lays eggs it makes a hole in the dirt under ground, the female Tuatara lays to 10 to 19 eggs at a time
After when they make a hole in the ground they start to lay there eggs.
When they lay their eggs, if the hole is cold its a male if its hot its a female.

                           Hatchling.
When all the eggs have hatched the mother leaves them and the hatchlings are all on their own.
A baby Tuatara has to get out of the hole and make a journey of its own.

                               True fact
                          A baby Tuatara has
                           A third eye to keep them safe.

                               Juvenile
For their first 15 years of their life they turn into a Juvenile when they turn into a Juvenile they lose their third eye because their scales grow over it.
The Juvenile has to hunt into the day time but if they dont they will get eaten by the adult Tuatara and the Juvenile doesnt want that does it.
               
                                            Adult
The adult tuatara sleeps during the day and hunt at night.
The adult Tuatara eats beetles, crickets, spiders, frogs, lizards, eggs and birds.
The adult sheds their skin every year. And that's the life cycle of a tuatara.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post